Proof I´m In Spain


Proof I´m In Spain
Originally uploaded by janine13.
Well, after a disasterous day yesterday, today was much more pleasant.

Ok, so yesterday... I slept from 12am that night until about 12noon the next day. (and yes, this is the night after I´ve arrived in Madrid, and you´ll note i had a long nap that afternoon). Got up, walked around my neigbourhood for a bit, got a massive headache, so went back to the hostel. Promptly fell asleep at 7pm, and then I woke up this morning at 9am. So yeah. Lots of sleeping going on. I think it was something I ate (or didn´t eat - my meal times are a bit sporadic).

Anyway, glad to feel better today. Did some shopping, and as you can see by my newly posted photos, did the typical tourist open bus ride around the city. VERY sunny. Therefore naturally i am VERY burnt. Just my arms, back and front tho (Maybe my face, I haven´t looked in the mirror. Its hot tho).

And yeah. Got off that, walked around a very very beautiful and expansive park in the middle (almost) of Madrid. Its thier much better version of Grand Central Park in New York. Made my way back to the hostel, then now to the internet cafe. After an hour or so of looking for one.

Oh yeah, yesterday I lost Lidl. But today I found it again! (My mini supermarket.) See in Rome when I got ´lost´ it was ok because all roads lead to Rome (heh). Ok what i meant to say is that most of the city/my neighbourhood was in grid format. Whereas here, the streets are anything but, and there are lots of hills. So today I´ve discovered soooo many plazas and backstreets etc. It is seriously a maze here. But a very pretty maze. After all, its all about the journey rather than the destination isn´t it?

Hope your are all doing well,
Besos (kisses)

p.s. I have a very pretty hostel, it is a culturally protected place thingee that was built in the 18th/19th centuary. I can´t remember, its very Spanish tho. Link to Cats Hostel

No comments: