The Palace and The Ring


The Royal Palace!!
Originally uploaded by janine13.
Hello all!

Yesterday I went to the very elegant and surprisingly big Royal Palace gardens, which were amazingly superb. Escaping the heat was mostly easy, this garden was more of a forest. Also there weren´t many people there, so it was like a hidden and forbidden forest. I loved it to pieces. More than El Parque de Buen Retiro, the other park i went to recently. This forest also had beautiful views of the Royal Palace (as shown). Here´s a link to my other photo of me outside the palace. **LINK!**

Now, as i remember i said i was going to go to a flamenco show... sadly i didn´t. i found out that hostel guests are discounted mon, tues and weds, and yes, it was a thursday when i wanted to go. And when i say discounted, i mean half price. No I´m not paying the full price of $50nz!!! There will be many more on the rest of my journey I´m sure.

Instead I sat around talking to people, a quite enjoyable night. There are so many people from so many different walks of life. Its amazing. Have only met one kiwi so far tho...

And today, well, today was pretty cool. Had a tour of Las Ventas (see my photo page!) which is the most prestigious and amazing bull fighting ring in the world. There is a bull fight that I may have gone to on Sunday, but i´m on my way to Toledo then so I can´t. And yes, I know the way they kill the bulls is quite barbaric, but its an experience all the same.

Our guide spoke in Spanish and then in English, and I am very proud that I understood her in Spanish more than I did in English!!

Then I walked around some more, bought the second Harry Potter book in Spanish (La càmara secreta - and for those who don´t read HP, that means The Chamber of Secrets, not the secret camera). So for the past few hours I´ve been reading that, just chilling out in the meeting room (lovely and air conditioned). Unfortunately to save space in my luggage, I had to leave my mega super grande Spanish/English dictionary at home and I bought a mini pocket one instead. YEah, not so good aye. Of the 20 or 30 words I didn´t understand in the first few chapters, my dictionary only had 3 or 4 of them. Gutted. Having read this book many times before, I know exactly what is happening, but it´d be nice to know exactly what it is saying!!

Well. I hope you enjoy my new photos, it took me quite a while to find an internet place where i can upload my photos. My hostel computers don´t let me!!! Dumb!!!

Bye! Will post again tomorrow hopefully :-)

No comments: