Far Far Away


Ahhh, The Mediterranean
Originally uploaded by janine13.
Ah. What a hectic past few days.
Apart from Monday, Monday I panicked a lot because I didn´t have any accomodation for that night. I could have easily booked another night at the same hostel, but I´d already been there one week! I wanted somewhere new, somewhere fresh. So, on a whim, I went online and booked a youth hostel in Sevilla. Now, I knew Sevilla was somewhere south of Valencia, but I had no idea that it was a friggen 10 hour bus trip (near the border of Portugal). 10 hours..... I did an overnight bus, and it was the WORST night of my life. 2 hours sleep max, the most uncomfortable seats ever to try to sleep on, and, well, it just sucked. NOT doing that on the return trip. Slept from 8am until 6pm on Tuesday, shocking because the whole idea of the night bus is that you save the day ahead of you instead of travelling. Dumb dumb dumb.

So now here I am in Sevilla! I have pictures up of me here already, and I can tell you, its just as hot as Rome. Very hot.

So I have walked around quite a bit today, and Sevilla is really pretty, huuuuge cathedrals, fortresses, towers, a lovely river, and lots of palm trees!!!!!! My hostel is nice, not the most social place though unfortunately.

Well, things to do, things to see and all that... I´m going to a theme park tomorrow, time for some REAL fun!!!!

1 comment:

Talden said...

I'm in the US at the moment... Austin Texas - off to a little place called Sweeny near Houston tomorrow but I'll be coming back to Austin instead of heading straight home... Damn hot here too - over 100f (40c) and I've been warned that, though no cooler, Sweeny will be very high humidity.

I'm off for a walk around the Austin city area around 2 - sucks to be without much transport (though taxis are much cheaper for the distance than in NZ) - gotta get used to this tipping thing.

You look like you're having fun (apart from the uncomfortable seats of course).