Droplets

Well Willoughby, your forecast looks almost correct, a few droplets today so far. And its kinda chilly (mid 20´s i think). This region (Castilla-La Mancha) is in the middle of a dire drought, and you could see the locals and shopkeepers looking up to the sky hoping desperately for it to rain properly.

Well, I am immensly tired. And my knees are almost shot to pieces. Maybe a combination of not feeling 100%, and all the walking I´ve been doing, especially seeing as Toledo is on a hill and the streets weave up and down. The tiredness though is completely my fault... I read HP2 (La Cámara Secreta) until 3.30am..... I´ve read that book more than 5 times in English, yet I still couldn´t put it down. And you know whats worse? Today I went out and bought HP3 (el Prisionero de Azkaban). Speaking of buying Harry Potter, this will give you an idea of the prices here... in NZ, HP is about $12-$15 depending on where you shop (for the first 3 books), yet here in Spain, HP 1,2&3 are 15€. Thats $26 NZ. To be fair though, it is in hardback (there aren´t soft covers in the Spanish version, but there are in the Latin American version), you pay for translation, and it has a cover that isn´t on the UK or US versions. I like the Spanish covers much more.

Speaking famous people, I talked to Orlando Bloom today.

Ok, not really. But I did talk to Legolas. Er, a cardboard cut out. You see Toledo is the centre of crafts and artesian objects, namely swords, knives, shields, even entire suits of armour. And so there are LOTS of displays in every tourist and craft shop. And I found one dedicated to LOTR!

Well. I leave for Cuenca tomorrow, going via bus. At 7am! nooooo! at least i know where to walk this time....

I changed rooms again today. Sigh. Unpacking and packing isn´t fun. Ok, time for lunch, read, then siesta!

No comments: