Finally Found an Internet Cafe

Hello! I am alive! Its been quite difficult to find an internt cafe in Cuenca, and this one won´t allow me to upload any photos either. Not to worry, I shall upload photos in Valencia, my next stop.
 
But still carrying on with my previous stop in Toledo.
Droplets? Nah, turned into a downpour. The people of Toledo looked pretty happy about it, however the tourists surely did not!!!
Had a long conversation with the pools life guard, Ricardo - in Spanish yay! Occasionally we had to draw pictures, (his english nearly non-existant, and well, my spanish...) his drawing of a squirrel (i´m pretty sure thats what it was) was pretty funny. Actually what was funnier, is that Ricardo doesn´t know how to swim. NB: Look at his job description again. Hmm, so it turns out he´s there to throw in the rubber ring. *awesome*.
 
So I had to change my room again, however the view from this room completely took the cake. Bloody brilliant. I could see the whole of Toledo, it was breathtaking. The only bad thing about this room was that something in the bathroom kept clicking, and this click was EXACTLY the same click as my heater made at home. So there I´d be, lying in bed, sweating like there´s no tomorrow (yeah, it was hot, the castle doesn´t have air conditioning), and I´d hear a click telling me that my heater has turned on. Therefore it took me a while to sleep because i kept panicing i´d roast (plus I read HP3 until the wee hours of the morning....).
 
Had to get up at 5:30am to catch my bus into Cuenca, missed breakfast, slept on bus, arrived in Cuenca, had NO idea where to go. I remember quite vividly after I found my hostel in Toledo thinking, wow, i´m NEVER doing that again, not knowing where to go. But there i found myself in the same predicament. Poos. Its alright tho, I asked someone this time, and just under an hour´s walk later (UPHILL - and you´ll see why its uphill when i post the photos) I arrived in my little sanctuary that is Posada de San José. This is my splash out time, where I´m staying in a hostal, not a hostel. A hostal is like a hotel, exept its more homely - if you visit the website you´ll see what I mean. www.posadasanjose.com. Brilliant place. Only one problem. I got locked in my room.
 
This is an old place, but it seems the locks are older. And i thought I´d locked myself in. I had my key with me, its just that the locking mechanism had jammed or something. 15 mins later of fiddling, i pulled out my trusty pocket knife (thanks cam) and started to unscrew part of the lock. problem, it had been plastered into the wall. screwed the screws back in. crap. what do i do now? unscrew the hinges? that wouldn´t look too good... plus i hadn´t paid for the room yet. if only i had a mobile, i could call reception! i was too chicken to knock on the door and ask for help from someone who might walk by (only 3 or 4 in the past half hour). crap. sat on my bed. looked at the window which is unpassable due to the bars on it. crapus maximus. had another fiddle with the lock, desperately. panic setting in, its been about 40 mins now.... HOORAH! dumb stupid locks. got it finally. spent another 10 minutes making sure i knew how to lock and unlock the door before i closed it again (to close the door you need to lock it), and fell asleep. ah, blissfull sleep. not feeling so well you see (little food, little sleep) - very sore stomach.
 
Made myself get up, and went to a proper restaurant and had a proper meal for once. lamb chops and potato. SO GOOD. (so good in fact that i went back to the restaurant last night and had another of thier dishes)
 
Yesterday I did the rounds of the old part of Cuenca. Now I haven´t said much about Cuenca really yet. Cuenca is home to Casas Colgadas, which means hanging houses. Now these aren´t houses that are suspended from something, its more overhang than hang. These houses and monestaries etc were build in the 1300´s, and overhang the huge gorge here. Seriuosly, huge gorge. I´ve got one photo that looks like the grand canyon, except its green. lots of greenery and beautiful scenery. Actually my posada´s website should show you what the hostel I´m staying at looks like, overhanging the gorge. This place is sooo beautiful. I love this place more than Toledo and Madrid combined. Its stunning, I´m really gutted that I can´t show you my photos, i took some beauties.
 
A lot more walking than Toledo, thats for sure, at least its not as hot tho, mostly hanging around 30º. Took the Fet Express yesterday, the local tourist train that chunders through the city tooting its horn and blowing its whistle, very very cool. Spent a lot of time looking for an internet cafe, but to no avail. Oh well. At least I´ve found one.
 
Well, I think I´ve written far too much, yet haven´t said half of what I wanted to say.
Till next time then!!!

No comments: