New Best Friend


Yowza!
Originally uploaded by janine13.
So I left off when I was alone, smelly, and tired.
Now I´m just tired.

Tuesday I had no idea what to do at all. I walked out of the hostel preparing to wander into the main street, when i noticed some people ahead of me with a beach umbrella. Jee, i wonder where they were going! So i followed them at a distance (because i had no idea how to get to the beach) and winded through many streets, then got on a tram.

Beach time! My first thoughts were that the beach was just one big ashtray, but turns out that that is only at the beginning of the boardwalks to the ocean. Overcast day, but still nice to walk (and walk, and walk, and walk, like i did for over an hour walking up the coast to a series of high rise buildings that looked 20mins away). T´was fun tho, walking in the sand with the water lapping at my feet. (No swimming tho, didn´t take togs).
An interesting sight you can see at the beach: A 50 year old fat man with his family... in a g string. And no Renelle, i did NOT take a photo, therefore do NOT ask for one (yeah, thanks for the email aye).

Caught a bus back at the end of the day and just chilled out in the dvd room (Pulp Fiction playing). Started chatting to Vicky, from Oz, and Sven from Belgium joined us. We ended up going out for a bite to eat, and then Anna and Natalie from Poland joined us and we sat in a large plaza until 3am drinking with my new best friend Don Simon.

Who is Don Simon? Only the cheapest and most delicious Sangria. What is sangria? A unique Spanish drink which basically consists of red wine, port, and fruit juices. Don Simon, the cheap stuff, is at the moment on special, 1.5l for 1€. Thats $1.90 NZ for 1.5l of 7% alcohol. Brilliant stuff. Cheaper than Coke even. Amazing stuff.

On Wednesday (yesterday), Anna, Natalie, Sven and his friend Dean from Canada (who lives in Valencia) and I went to a different beach to the one i wandered on the other day, and although overcast again, we had a blast. Burrying Natalie, swimming in the ocean (wave beach, tho the waves appeared pitiful compared to NZ waves), eating icecreams, playing ´spot the prostitue´ on the bus (seriously, its near a working girls area) and just chilling out.

We went back to the hostel, cooked us a lovely dinner, then headed over to Deans apartment where we soaked up some more sangria until 4am, then went looking for a night club. Well, 4am on a Wednesday, the only one open was a gay bar. And wow, yes it definately was a gay (99% men) bar. So instead of the guys looking after the girls in a bar, we looked after Sven and Dean! Seriously, it was a blast, lots of techno/house, and we danced the night away...

It had to end sometime tho - my eyes were burning from the smoke, and my legs turning to jelly! Crawled into bed (after a shower (washed my hair twice and it still didn´t smell smokefree)) at 6;30, the dawn just breaking.

And here I am now. Sore head. Don´t know what to do today (haven´t taken in many sights yet, just the beaches).
I guess I´d better go and decide!
Adiós!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh... this is my first picture from Spain I actually can see,Ive just come back home after 2 hours of flying from Girona airport to Poland... Janine, thank you so much for everything, I think we spent a great time together and Im just so glad we met coincidentally one day in valencia at the Home Backpackers hostel.I still can't believe that's the end of the best holiday in my whole life.Best wishes to you Janine and Natalie, Sven and Dean, guys Ill never forget you. Thank you for all, hope to keep in touch, those few days were just crazy, I loved it. Janine, take care you lucky girl - staying in Spain like a one year more. Hope to keep in touch, many many kisses!!! Come to Cracow one day, its worth it!