General Life


Things that have happened:
# Leonor was born, she is the crown princess of Spain, and is 2nd in line to the throne. The press has been going crazy with happiness.
# Did you know: The press isn´t allowed to talk badly of the royal family.
# I am addicted to sausages, they are like sizzlers but better with yummy gooey cheese.
# Its getting colder here, 10ยบ in the morning when I get on the 8am bus to uni.
# I didn´t go to uni on tuesday or wednesday, and was sent home on thursday because of my back. Its out. And here´s the funny thing, nothing caused it to go out. I was doing things normally as usual. I may have sat on a couch awkwardly for a few hours, but thats normal. So yeah. Sore back. Better today tho thankfully :)
# I get slightly nervous getting into the elevator in our building when there are 3 people in it. I´m not a claustraphobic person, its just that Eva, Ashley AND Giuseppe have all been stuck in the elevator for an hour - in 3 seperate incidents - for having too much weight in the lift. So i know its my turn next......
# I heard David Beckham speak in spanish on the news the otherday - and he sounds like a little boy! Its not his tough cool image at all hehehehe.
# I am now in level 4 in spanish (there are 4 levels)
# I am not sure if i want to live with a family next semester, i´m having way to much fun making my own decisions and choices and not having to worry about being here or there at a certain time. And i´m having fun cooking for myself (see note number 3) and coming home at odd hours in the morning. And having friends over! In a family i would have to ask permission etc etc, and i most certianly would not be allowed my boyfriend over. So i´m almost set on living with students again, tho i´d move to Algorta, 4 metro stops away.
# Me gusta mucho hablar en castellano. (I like to speak in Spanish).
# In Burger King, the drinks coming in sizes medium, large, and gigantic.
# The television comercials here are much more entertaining than in NZ. Much more humour is used.
# I have caught myself out occasionaly saying things with a harsh r - the american way. for example instead of saying caa for car, i´d say carrrr. hmmm, hard to explain.
# Everyone´s english is deteriorating here. We struggle to form correct sentences, and as you can probably see, my spelling has also gone to crap. Its not because we don´t speak english here, because (unfortunately) amongst american friends we mostly do, but its just that we don´t care to correct ourselves. Some other theories include: every spanish word we learn kicks out an english word, every spanish gramatical structure we learn kills brain cells, and every spanish swear word we learn makes us look cooler. heheheh.
# I am going out to an 80´s party tonight. (Beth is turning 21)I am taking care of my back. I am a carefull person.
# 10€ goes to the person who figures out a) which country, b) which city, c) which building, d) which wall, the graffiti comes from.

No comments: