COLDPLAY


The One
Originally uploaded by janine13.

Wow. OMG!!! I saw Coldplay!!!!! And it was AWESOMEEEEEEEEE. Words can´t fully explain how COOOOOL it was. Wow. I´m still BUZZZZZING like a fridge from it.

IT
WAS
FAN-F*N-TASTIC


Background information: I love Coldplay. I discovered they were playing in San Sebastián (1 hour bus ride away) 5 months ago. I bought 4 tickets to Coldplay 5 months ago. I have been waiting for this night for 5 months. Well, longer if you consider how long i´ve loved Coldplay for. In short, I LOVE COLDPLAY. I bought 4 tickets so that other friends that I would make from USAC could come with me, and when people found out i had Coldplay tickets, I all of a sudden had a lot more friends!!!!! I had bought them for 40€ ($NZ70) each, and scalpers on the internet were selling tickets for over €100. So I was VERY lucky to get tickets.

Before leaving for Spain in July, I had two days marked in my diary as sacred days. 31st of August, and 25th of November. Coldplay has won out over La Tomatina Festival. Coldplay are AWESOME.

ok, so the concert. well, what more can i say? the best concert of my life. one of the best nights of my life. met 3 cool Spanish guys at our hostel in San Sebastián who were going to the concert, so me, alisha, madelyn and lindsay were gifted with thier presence at the concert, and had a fantastic time. We drank kalimotxo before the concert, and during, but enough to get a buzz going, we wanted to remember the concert of course!!! (well, and i have a lot of concert video so that is cooler!).

the venue was in a velódromo (i´ve forgotten how to spell it in english so i´ll leave it as that - its where you cycle round and round inside on a professional track), and it was nearly packed. the vibe from the crowd was sooooooooo good. everyone was having a fantastic time, and nothing went wrong.

when the band came on stage it was like a jet was taking off, we all went nuts!!!! and the entire band are really good live, chris martin, lead singer, even spoke to the crowd in very broken spanish, and when he spoke basque, i´m sure it was equally as broken. but wow, it was soooo cool. he and all of them are really really talented.

the lighting was spectactular, and the screen behind them was awesome, and i just will never be able to recreate the night. wow, it was cool. they were on stage for 1.5 hours, and chris martin even ran into the crowd to sing part of a song. it was so energetic and full of power. at one stage he grabbed a phone from someone in the crowd and sang into the phone. that would have been soooo cool for the person on the other end!

i had promised to call people from the concert, and trust me, i damn well tried, but a) my phone is in a vodafone store being repaired, and b) none of my 3 friends could get coverage. so that was dissappointing, sorry guys.

after the concert we went out of course!!!!! many bars, many drinks, many crazy people we met. had breakfast and coffee at 6am, and finally crawled into bed at 730am. IT WAS FREEZING in our hostel, the heating had broken. i curled up in a ball for the morning, while alisha and madelyn left early. a very late checkout at 1230 for me and lindsay(we were lucky we didn´t get charged for the next day), and us, very very hungover walked around san sebastián eating whatever we wanted, then caught the bus back. shower and sleep was on the menu, and i slept for 15 hours.

Current mental state: delerious - a mixture of tiredness (still) and elation.
Current physical state: 2 semi sprained ankles, sore calves, back is holding up ok, cold feet.
Current general state: VERY HAPPY, the concert was worth the pain.

1 comment:

Talden said...

So do you like Coldplay or what. It's very unclear from your post... ;)