Yay for Technology!

This is Getxo <<<< click on me!

hmmmm. ok. you see the copywrite google sign in the bottom corner on the right? the actual c in the circle. ok, draw a straight line from there to the minus sign on the zoom toggle thing. got that line? ok now on that line should be a white dot/diamond closest to the c sign. it looks like it has two roads coming off it going to the ne and se???? that is the plaza that i can see from my balcony. so where that white dot is, i´m on the west of the point of the diamond. this photo was taking during the time of a festival because the whiteness is actually the top of a tent. a huge tent. like in my photo :) now, use that zoom in, and you can see my roof!

the university is the large complex above the "digital globe" phrase in the copywrite at the bottom right. (it is a 40-50 minute walk, or a 25 minute bus ride)

the beach where i took one of my favourite photos (see the blog of that title) is the middle beach in the photo, the one with the giant pier shooting off the south end of the beach (pointing nw). (walking along the harbour from my house, it takes about 15 mins to get there)

if you move the map up some more you can see the beach where i surf :) after the right angle point (the biiiig one, hard to miss), its the 3rd beach along. (on the metro it takes 25 mins, the from the metro stop to the beach its a 20 min walk)

Well. thats where i live, and my neighbourhood :) exciting aye!!!!!

and instead of writing about the past week, i´ll just let you enjoy the wonders of google maps :)

2 comments:

Cam said...

Note that google maps is not dialup friendly.

J's pad is at the center of this.

J's university is here.

You can link to things by copying the link from "Link to this page" at the top right of the page.

I might make a webpage that will map-tag this stuff now that she's identified where she is :)

Cam said...

I get the impression these comments are useless due to all the spam ... so I'll offer some spam of my own. My Blog.

There are some more "locating Janine" pointers there.